1 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 medium yellow onions. Diced
¼ tsp. kosher salt (divided)
½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground (divided)
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 large eggs
¾ cup half and half cream
8 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 pie crust, store-bought or fresh
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the pie crust in a 10" quiche pan or pie tin, fitting it into the dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onions, ½ tsp, of the salt and ¼ tsp. of the pepper. Cover and cook until the onions are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cook, covered, another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream Stir in the Gruyere, nutmeg and remaining salt and pepper. Add the onion mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pie crust, it should be quite full.
- Bake until the filling is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Serve with: Small, fresh salad, dry white wine
It’s a good idea to bake the quiche on a baking sheet, or with a sheet of foil under it, in case it overflows in the oven.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured multi-format Help generator