Bacon-Wrapped Pork Roast
3 lb. boneless pork loin
2 garlic cloves, sliced (use more if desired)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 or 5 strips of bacon or pancetta
6 long rosemary twigs
6 long thyme twigs
Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Using a small knife, make 1-inch deep slits all over the pork. Stuff slices of garlic into the slits.
- Season the pork all over with salt and pepper and wrap with bacon strips.
- Top with the herbs, weaving them under the bacon here and there.
- Tie the roast at 1-2 inch intervals with kitchen string to hold the herbs in place.
- Transfer the roast to a baking pan with a rack and roast for 1 hour, or until an instant thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads 130º F.
- Transfer the roast to a platter and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes. If desired, make gravy with the drippings.
- Remove the string and herb sprigs.
- Carve and serve.
Serve with: Green beans, mashed potatoes
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured EPub generator