Bacon, Eggs and Grits
4 strips bacon
4 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 cup quick grits
2 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup cream
3 scallions, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Fry or microwave bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring four cups of water to a boil with 1 tsp of salt. In a steady stream, add a cup of grits and continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken, a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add two beaten eggs (they'll cook in the heat of the grits).
- Add about ¼ cup cream and a few chopped scallions.
- Serve topped with the bacon and some chopped parsley.
Source: “Mark Bittman's "Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in Minutes"
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easy to use tool to create HTML Help files and Help web sites