Makes 64 tiny brownies
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
6 ounces good-quality semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup chocolate syrup
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the syrup and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and the eggs; mix thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, salt, and flour.
- Add this to the chocolate mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake just until cooked, 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan. Then cut them into 1-inch squares and transfer to a serving plate.
Source: "The Silver Palate Basics Cookbook"
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: News and information about help authoring tools and software