Asparagus and tomato vinaigrette pasta
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp salt
ground black pepper
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8 oz fusilli pasta
1 lb asparagus
10 oil-packed sun-fried tomatoes, drained and sliced thin
12 large, fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Heat water to a boil for pasta and asparagus and add salt.
- Prepare asparagus by snapping off tough ends and slicing spears lengthwise, then cut them in 1-inch diagonal pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper together. Add oil and whisk until smooth.
- Cook pasta about 8 minutes until nearly done. Add asparagus and cook until asparagus is crisply tender and pasta is al dente. Drain pasta and asparagus.
- Add dressing and toss, Add the tomatoes and basil and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This can be served cold somewhat later, or leftovers served cold for lunch. You may want to adjust the amount of pasta to taste, as we find too much pasta reduces the intensity of the flavor.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free EPub and documentation generator