Asparagus Roasted with Sesame Seeds
1 lb./500 g fresh green asparagus
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
2-3 tbsp sesame seeds
Pre-heat oven to 425ºF/220ºC
- Wash asparagus and trim off tough ends.
- Put oil in a baking dish and add the asparagus, rolling the stalks around to coat them with oil. Sprinkle salt over the stalks.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until tender to touch with a fork.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds in a shallow pan and toast over medium high heat until they begin to pop and turn color. Remove from heat and pour into a dish to stop the toasting process. Set aside.
- When the asparagus is ready, remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Write EPub books for the iPad