Artichoke and Leek Fettuccine
12 baby artichokes or one 9-oz package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
½ pound (200g) fettuccini or linguini (Barilla No. 13)
3 medium leeks, sliced (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup shelled or frozen green peas
¾ cup vegetable or chicken broth
½ cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
2 tbsp coarsely snipped fresh mint
Thin slices of Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- If using baby artichokes, trim them to the light green or yellow parts, cutting off dark green parts. Cut in quarters. Remove any purple or pink leaves.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, about 9 minutes or until al dente.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir artichokes with leeks and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with artichoke mixture.
- Top with Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese and serve.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured EPub generator