Albacore Divan / "Tuna with Sauce"
This is one of our son Klaus’s favorites.
2 pkg frozen broccoli stalks, cooked according to package directions
3 5-oz cans albacore solid white tuna (in oil)
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups / 500 ml mlk
1/3 cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dry bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/ 220 C.
- Arrange cooked broccoli in shallow pan or baking dish, stalks to the center.
- Drain oil from tuna into a saucepan and heat over low heat. Make a roux and stir in the flour and salt. Cook the flour for about 2-3 minutes. Add milk until mixture is a thick sauce. Add cheese and lemon juice.
- Arrange broccoli with the stalks toward the center of the pan. Break up the drained tuna into large chunks over the broccoli stalks.
- Cover the tuna with the cheese sauce and spinkle with bread crumbs. Optionally, drizzle some melted butter over the crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring environment