Makes 1 8-inch, three layer cake or one sheet cake
Pre-heat oven to 350° to 375°F. Grease and flour cake pans.
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Cream butter, then add sugar.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time and mix well.
4. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk.
5. Beat egg whites and fold in last.
6. Bake for 20 minutes in three layer pans or 25 minutes in sheet cake pan.
2 tbs whiskey or brandy may be added to the batter
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce electronic books easily